Thursday, October 7, 2010

Video Idea

I'm going to make a video that serves as an example of an assignment I would have my Russian students do. The idea is that I would arrange for them to have video pals--students in Russian speaking countries who agree to send video messages back and forth to my students. The first assignment (this video) would be a basic introduction. My students would:

1) Introduce themselves - tell who they are, where they are from, and what they like to do.
2) They would provide a picture of themselves and their family, telling who each person in the picture is and indicate their relationship to the student. This would all be done in a voice over of the picture.
3) The students would include a 10 - 20 second clip from their favorite song, giving the name of the song and the artist.
4) Finally, the students would ask their video pal one question.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds terrific! You made the use of technology make sense for what you as a teacher would be trying to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool idea. I would have never thought to have my students be pen pals with a student of a different language. I wonder if I could do that somehow with history students. I think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete