Tuesday, September 14, 2010

95 Theses Rap

I took a history of the Reformation class this past Spring and my teacher showed us this video. I thought it was incredibly creative. At the same time I took a class all about assessment in the classroom. We talked particularly about authentic assessment and when we did, I thought of this video. I think that this would be a really fun assignment, and would show you, the teacher, that your students really got the material you covered. The guys who made this video were college students at Yale I believe. They used to have a website on which they discussed what was factual and what was not--most of the lyrics are factual--but I couldn't find it when I went to post this. Anyway, I think that something like this would be a really good project for students to tackle, even if it was just writing a rap or song or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment